- Published: 12 May 2017 12 May 2017
Local Wellington Comp
Last weekend was another glorious weekend for football. A great turnout for the local comp.
- Tiny tots was hosted by Kyle Nonny & Cas Niddrie last week, who had just as much fun as the kids.... Great job!
- We are planning to add 2 additional teams into the U6 & U8 age divisions due to additional player regos.
This will require some re-shuffling of some players & we will need 2 additional team managers in each division.
- Some player changes will be required in the other age divisions to even up teams.
- These changes will be made before next round (20/5) and posted to the soccer club website.
- The additional teams will require changes to U6 & U8 draws which will also be posted to the website.
- Watch this space.
- Canteen volunteers needed for both shifts this Saturday 13/5.... it's only 1 hour (11:45 - 1:00 or 12:45 - 2:00)
- Our intrepid photographer Jo Ivey was at the games as well, so watch out for her fantastic action shots, coming to the website soon.
Western Youth League (Regional Comp)
Girls Under 12
- Wellington 7 V Bathurst 0 - Tremendous win for the Wello girls
- Wellington 1 V Lachlan Lions 8 - Lachlan were just too well drilled.
Girls Under 14
- Wellington 0 V Bathurst 3 - A tough game with Bathurst just edging Wello out.
- Wellington 0 V Dubbo 5 - Dubbo were just too good.
Boys Under 12
- Play here at home this Sunday 14 May
Warriors (Dubbo District Comp)
- U17s trounced Newtown Saints 10 (plus some) - 0
- The Wellington team's possession game was happening for them
- 2nd half saw some nice passing routines & set plays
- This weeks 'Golden Boot' went to CJ Wheatley for his full-on effort
- U13s Played SDW Eagles in a really hard fought match but went down 1 - 3
- Good fast 1st half with Bryton Sarsfield scoring early
- 2nd half saw Wello kids flagging a little (but never giving up)
- Player of the match was Abbey Kiss
- Warriors Maroon played SDW Dashers at home
- Warriors Gold played RSL Tigers at Dubbo's LC7
Womens Warriors (Div 2)
- Womens Warriors had a loss to South Dubbo Wanderers (SDW) in Div 2 by 0 - 9
- Great 1st half from the Wello ladies but SDW ran away with it in the 2nd half
Womens Div 1
- Wellington Wildcats thrashed their old foes RSL 78s by 8 - 0
- Wellington rolled the much favoured East Dubbo United (EDU) by 3 - 0
- A slow start for the Wellington boys but they found their form later in 1st half
- 2nd half was all Wello early on, but they went to sleep near the end allowing EDU to have some chances
- Some brilliant saves from S Birbilles in goal kept the slate clean for Wello
This weeks Soccer Stars -
Western Youth League Girls U14s - Photo credit Kim Miller
This Weekend's home games -
Saturday 13 May
U11 Warriors Maroon V Westside Panthers - Pioneer Park @ 2:00pm
Sunday 14 May
Western Youth League - U12 Boys - 5 games - Pioneer Park
Wellington Warriors V Orange Lions - 9:00am
Wellington Warriors V Mudgee - 2:00pm
Womens Wildcats V Dubbo FC - Pioneer Park @ 9:00am
Womens Warriors V Dubbo City Rangers (DCR) - Pioneer Park @ 11:00am